“Be patient. Your skin took a while to deteriorate. Give it some time to reflect a calmer inner state”
Jess C. Scott
- Stop washing your skin too often and using skincare products with dubious ingredients.
Washing the skin too often, especially with hot water, dries it out and makes sebaceous glands go into overdrive trying to produce extra sebum (skin’s own oil) to replace the lost one. When you do this on a regular basis, the skin acquires a habit of overproducing which results in oily skin and breakouts. Also, excessive use of exfoliates, scrubs, wash cloths, cleansing brushes, buffs, products with harsh chemicals that strip oils from the skin can do more harm than good. Try and limit those in your daily skin care. Your skin will thank you for that.
- Use oils for cleansing and moisturising.
Putting oil on skin does sound very strange and counter-intuitive to a person who’s skin is already very oily. Despite the perceptions it does work. Plant oil tricks your skin into thinking that the sebum has already been produced and thus stops your skin from producing its own. Also, when cleansing with oil, according to the principle of “like dissolves like”, oil will mix with the sebum on your skin and in your pores and will dissolve it, getting rid of blocked pores and blackheads. Many water-based products claim to cleanse the skin, simply do not work or work temporarily by stripping the oils with chemicals and making the skin worse in the long run. You can get some tips on Oil Cleansing methods here and here.
- Choose the right oil for you.
Plant oils and extracts are extremely beneficial when it comes to the health of your skin. Many botanical oils possess incredible properties to help soothe and protect the skin. Remedy Multi-Active Re-Balancing Face Oil has been masterfully formulated to care for problem and oily skin. It contains medicinal oils and extract to cleanse, calm and tone the skin while balancing sebum and calming inflammation.
• Plantago leaf extract purifies, comforts and tones the skin
• Manuka and Lavender oils work to neutralise bacteria and normalise sebum secretion
• Galbanum oil decongests the skin and encourages healthy cell regeneration
• Rose Absolute extract has a cleansing effect and minimises irritation and redness
• Chamomile Flower oil instantly calms and helps deflect free-radicals
• Apricot oil restores skin clarity and suppleness
• Calendula extract boosts collagen, repairs and soothes
• Coconut oil effectively moisturises and protects the skin’s barrier
It’s important to remember that your lifestyle, weather and your hormone levels can contribute to the skin problems, so consult a dermatologist if the problem persists.